Friday 28 August 2015

Physiol Eatery and Cafe, University of Queensland, St Lucia

Physiol

I have previously stated in this blog that its purpose is to review food that is actually prepared by the eatery.  A 7-11 meat pie does not count.  So two Thursdays ago, I had, among other things a crumbed sausage at Physiol.  I am skeptical that Physiol actually made this crumbed sausage, suspecting that they just buy these things in bulk and heat them up as needed.  However, on the off chance that Physiol do make their own crumbed sausages, I will review my experience.  It was a crumbed sausage.  That's it.  In all my years of eating crumbed sausages I have never encountered any variation on the dish other than price.  Every single crumbed sausage I have ever had has been exactly the same.  So in reviewing this crumbed sausage, I am in effect reviewing every crumbed sausage i have ever had.  I think crumbed sausages is a good variation on the simple sausage.  I find with regular sausages that some sort of seasoning is required, usually gravy or tomato sauce.  Gourmet sausages are a different matter.  Anyway, something must be going on in the crumbing of a sausage that enhances the flavour of a plain sausage.  I have never felt the need to add anything to a crumbed sausage:  they stand on their own.  Also, the crumbing and frying of a plain sausage adds a welcome crunch to the dish.  So Physiol's (and indeed every place that serves crumbed sausages) crumbed sausages are a satisfying, crunchy, stand-alone snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment